Thursday, December 30, 2010

Hard at Work



As you can see in the picture I'm hard at work on the novel (that's me with the tail).

Well I will be, once the new year strikes. Things settle down for me and hopefully I can find some time to write every day again. 2,000 words a week-day, 10,000 words per week or bust. That's my resolution. If I can hold to that I'll have the first draft finished by some time in February. Right now I'm shooting for 100,000 - 120,000 words and I'm almost 10% finished.

Then with re-writes, edits and such, with any luck I can have a query together by April or May.

I'll share a few snippets from the book when there are more people visiting to share with. I'm especially happy with the chapter where the villain Otto (Octavian in his home-country) Dragomir first comes to the fore and you can get a taste for who he really is.

1 comment:

Coty Schwabe said...

I know this post is a couple years old, but I found it highly relevant. Just two weeks ago I set the same goal: at least 2K words a day. Before that, I had no goal, therefore I never felt like I accomplished anything at all.

Since then, I feel like 2,000 is actually fairly attainable in 4 hours or less, a sometimes I double it if I find a real groove that day.

Great post as always!