Friday, March 9, 2012

Fashion Friday: Steampunk Superheroes

Superhero comics and steampunk go together like... two things that go really well together (you can tell I'm a writer, right?). I came across a few fun pictures which made me wonder why there aren't more mainstream superhero/steampunk crossovers so I thought I'd share.


I really like the idea of the Clockwork Cricket, an original superhero created by Pokketmowse. Unfortunately he never got around to the finishing touches, but it's a great concept, and I love the style.




ChetArt has the Union of Superlative Heroes trading cards available on Etsy, other available cards include Feline Fraulein and Lord Wolverton. I've got to get a set of these.


Nicholas Avallone brings us the awesome Robber Baron.


Last, but of course not least, the real thing! Well, as real as it gets at DragonCon I suppose. I can't find any names for credits to go with the costumes, but if you know any, feel free to leave it in a comment below.

1 comment:

Kimberlee Turley said...

Steampunk Batman is definitely the best.